12/24/2010

The Animals Welcomed God

Merry Christmas!  Christmas is a big event in all of the animal world because we were there to welcome God before anyone else (except for Mary and Joseph, of course.)  We Collies get into the spirit of this holiday easily: God came to be with all creatures!  It makes more sense to celebrate this event than any other event I know of.  I barked a Merry Christmas to my neighbor Irish Setters when they came up the driveway today.  They answered back with a lovely howl. 

I am enclosing a photo of the creche handmade by Sisters Aggie and Carol over 20 years go.  They made it out of breaddough* and Carol puts it up on the mantle every year.  I hope you take time to re-enjoy the treasures of your life these days.  May your memories be happy ones.  May your new year make many more moments to recall with gratitude next Christmas.

*From Clare's Well recipe book p.151

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Oh, Lacy: Thank you so much for sharing this very special piece of Clare's Well. I miss Aggie so much this time of the year. I like how you honored her memory by showing us something that Aggie and Carol made together. Hope you got some great treats for Christmas! Hope to see you soon!