2/20/2010

Resistance

I've been thinking about resistance lately.  Just this morning I got in trouble on account of it.  Does that happen to you, too?  It can be rather painful and embarrassing. 

When the Sisters at Clare's Well go to feed the animals out in the barn, I like to go along.  Usually they are glad to have me come because they see how excited I am being wherever they are.  It is difficult, however, to leave the barn with them when I haven't had enough time to check with all of my friends out there.  I especially like to see what the others are getting in their food dishes. . . .

This morning, Sister Carol was in a hurry.  She called me to come when her chores were finished and I ignored her.  She didn't see me in the back pen and must have assumed I'd already gone out.  So, two hours later, there I was stuck in the goat pen and barking in a disgraced, humiliated voice for someone to come to let me out. 

Moral of the story:  Come when the one you serve calls you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lacy,
I just found your blog in an e-mail from Sr.Carol and I added you to my "favorites". That way, I'll remember to check on your blog regularly for your wonderful thought provoking insights.
Thank-you,
Suzie

Anonymous said...

Lacy,

I couldn't help but identify with you - I know to come when the one I serve calls, but on occasion I get a bit caught up in "the goat pen" and I forget to listen. You are a wise dog and have given me some food for thought...

Your friend,
Sadie

Lacy said...

Sadie, and Suzie,
I remember meeting you in our yard. What a pleasure to hear from you. Anyone who pays attention to what a dog says is a really special human in my book.
Lacy